Friday, November 30, 2007

Some people just don't want to work with the system, Do they?

Hello to all,

It is Friday morning as I again sit at my desk here at TCC. Came in to a busy morning after a long hard night for the off going shift. They had two really bad calls last night and all are kinda down this morning. One of the calls had seven (7) cheerleaders in a vehicle that killed three of them and seriously injured three more and one is already out of the hospital. the other call had several patients but it was not talked about much due to the other call being so tragic.

As for me, I have had a few good days even with them being busy. I was off Tuesday and slept in a little then spent the rest running a few errands and getting ready for the WEF meeting that evening. Amy and I meet with our insurance guy and worked on a life insurance policy to replace mine that is going to expire, then headed to the meeting. This is where part of my title comes from. The meeting was a board meeting of the foundation to figure out some old business that we (the new administration) did not understand. We have a good group of people that want to do good for the school, but are still working on getting to our goals as we see them now. But of course there is the old guard that gives resistance to change. I feel we are doing all we can to make the system work, but some people just don't adapt to a system. We ended up moving in a positive direction but still have a lot of work to do.

At SAS on Wednesday, it was a busy day all around. Besides medical calls, I ended up fighting a trailer fire by myself with a pump operator and one support personnel that really struggled to support due to medical problems. But by the time the other FD's that were coming to assist found us, I had it out and ventilated. Then, of course that rest of the day was busy. To make it worse, I don't understand what is going on with SAS. We are in desperate need equipment, trucks and many other things and it seems that we continue to fall further behind. The moral is so low, it is unbearable any longer. Then the next morning, I was told at about 0815 that my relief would be late if she gets to come at all. Of course the manager/director had no idea that this was going on even though the person had known she had court. I stayed till 11 and then just had to leave to make a appointment I had at noon. It just really gripes me that nobody is even respectful enough to handle themselves for this shift ad just dumps it on whoever gets caught. But My main complaint is the lack of leadership or discipline when these events happen. I just don't know how much more I can put up with. I don't feel that I work for a good company no longer and I do not feel the level of service is were it should be for the customers/patients we serve.

Like I said earlier, at 11, I just left with no relief. That bothers me so much, but I don't feel i was my fault that personnel were not in place. I went to the house and cleaned up, then headed to the school and had lunch with Amy. From there it was and afternoon full of errands and getting some grants submitted for the WEF. We had PTSA meeting last night which of course the same few people showed up for. I sure wish parents, teachers and students would get more involved, but like I told Amy - I just don't think they are going to. I think Amy has a hard decision of shutting it down due to lack of participation and support. Her and Rhonda can not do it all themselves.

Back at home, we relaxed and watched some of the DVR shows we never get time to see before I feel asleep. Then I was up at 4:30 to get ready to be here by 6:30. I can't wait to get back toward home. I plan on going and helping Hunter sell Christmas trees then again relaxing and preparing for SAS tomorrow.

I do not come back to TCC till next Thursday , but will attempt to give you an update from home before that. Next week is going to be an exciting week with band getting going again and meeting the new director and putting the train back on the tracks. besides that, I have a few off days to do some projects that I need and want to do. I can't wait.

Till then,

Jeffrey

No comments: