Sunday, October 26, 2008

40 years to correct 1 day





Hello to everyone,


I want to share with you this morning a message that I received from the local pastor. Yes, I went to church this morning. I decided on the way to Work at Still Waters that I would go to the local Methodist church that is just down the hill from the gate to Still Waters. It is a small church and I knew that one of the members of the fire department went there. It was a wonderful church. Hard to describe, but it was both small and old and new and modern. It had a great fill to it. The picture above is the front of the church as you look out during the service. It reminded me so much of the views from Christ Church and the feel of Sycamore or Berry.


Anyway, I received a message today during the pastors sermon that I want to share. It is based on the scripture of Exodus 32: 1-14. It talks about that even god became angry at his people but was able to change his mind and let go. In the verses, Moses has been gone some time into the mountain and the people became restless and felt abandoned. So they went and built an idle to worship because they were scared that Moses, their leader, had abandoned them. from here I want to quote what the Bible I am using says;


God spoke to Moses, "Go! Get down there! Your people whom you brought up from the land of Egypt have fallen to pieces. In no time at all they've turned away from the way I commanded them: They made a molten calf and worshiped it. They've sacrificed to it and said, "These are the gods, O Israel, that brought you up from the land of Egypt!"


God said to Moses, "I look at this people--oh!what a stubborn,hard-headed people! Let me alone now, give my anger free reign to burst into flames and incinerate them, But I'll make a great nation out of you."


Moses tried to calm hid God down. He said,"Why, God, would you lose your temper with your people? Why, you brought them out of Egypt in a tremendous demonstration of power and strength. Why let the Egyptians say, 'He had it in for them - he brought them out so he could kill them in the mountains, wipe them right off the face of the Earth. 'Stop you anger. Think twice about bringing evil against your people! Think of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, your servants to whom you gave your word, telling them 'I will give this land to your children as their land forever,'"


And GOD did think twice. He decided not to do evil he had threatened against his people.


As I listened and took in the words of the pastor, he talked of how we all don't do right all the time and "even God can change his mind". But then he said something else that just really struck me as the truth of especially my situation. He said" It took 1 day for GOD to get his people out of Egypt, It took 40 years to get Egypt out of his people." And that lead me to the revelation that even though I have decided to make a change to find HAPPINESS, FAITH and PEACE in my life, I can make the decision quickly, its the change that will take awhile to happen.


Then I heard myself saying, ' why did it take so long for you to see that a change was needed.' The answer is that it did not take a long time for me to see that a change was needed, I saw that a change was needed many a year ago. I just did not follow threw when I said I needed to make a change. Even though I promised GOD, Myself, Amy and Hunter that I would change, It was easier not to change and I would forget about it before I was out the door. I am going to insert a song that says this in as clear of words as I have ever heard before. The problem is that I have listened to this song many a time and thought the same thing, but with out conviction, it is not possible to change.

Thank you for listning to me and my GOD be with us all as we try so hard to be who we need to be.


JEFF

No comments: