Thursday, March 20, 2008

Atlanta for Spring break

Hello to everyone,

It is now Thursday the 20th of March and it feels like this year is just flying by. The family and I went to Atlanta for short stay for a spring break trip. We had a good time once we figured out how to get to our downtown hotel wit all the streets blocked due to tornado damage. The picture above is me at The World of Coke and the 3D glasses for the show there. Go to the picture link on the R for more pictures from our trip.

We got to Atlanta Monday morning and had planned on going straight to the Weston and parking the car so we did not have to deal with it. But that plan went south when the police shut a lot of roads downtown due to falling glass. We went on to the Aquarium and then to World of Coke. By then the streets were back open and we got to the hotel. The damage from the tornado on Friday was very visible from the hotel room on the 56th floor. We ended up going to Lenox Square mall by the MARTA that evening and then had dinner at the Varsity before returning to the room to rest. We all hurt from the walking we had done for the day. The next morning, we awoke and got in the car to make some more stops. We were hunting for a belt that Hunter wanted and found it at a Journeys at Atlantic Station development. From there to IKEA. We then headed out to the Smart dealership to look at the cars. I can not wait till I get mine. Late that afternoon, we were headed home.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I had a class at BREMSS and while there got news that I have been awaiting for almost two years now. I got a full time position at TCC. I was so happy. We stayed the night at the Rogers and had a good evening with them and some good rest that night.

And now I am back at TCC for a 10 hour shift.

Take a look at the pictures from our trip and have a good day.

Jeff

No comments: