Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow for my birthday? Missed by one day.


Big Rock in the snow


Hello everyone,

I hope all of you find yourself well. It is January 19, 2008 and tomorrow I turn 38 years of age. I sure am feeling my age here recently. It almost snowed on my birthday like it did when I was a kid. For those that do not know, when I was younger (a kid), it snowed many a time on my Birthday. It even did it, I think 3 years in a row one time. But I think we counted 7 years that it snowed on my Birthday. I know that for anyone that may stumble on this from the north, this seems trivial. But from central Alabama it is quite unusual. I have put a album of pictures on the Picasa link to the side. Hunter took most of them for a photo competition for BETA club. They are pretty. I especially like the ones of the creak we know as Big Rock.

I really do not know where I left off right now, but i will tell you about the last couple of days. It has been a very busy week here. I do not think I have had a early evening all week. I know I have worked every day this week. I had to be at Sylacauga City Council meeting on Monday night about the Tractor Cruise. Tuesday night was WEF meeting. I don't even remember the rest of the nights.

Yesterday, I worked at Care Talladega. We had a easy shift. I was sure glad that the weather did not happen while I was on duty or I get stuck there for days. I got off on time and headed home. Amy and I sat and watched a movie while watching it snow today. It was very relaxing and tranquil for me. I am now at TCC for the night shift.

Tomorrow, like I said is my Birthday. I guess I will sleep for awhile. then we are having dinner and cake at Mom and Dads. Kelly has to work tomorrow night so I don't know if we are eating early so he can join or not. I'm sure it will be a good day.

Talk to you later,

Jeff

No comments: