Saturday, August 11, 2007

A little bit of home time !



Well, This is my first real posting on my blog. I am working hard to get my blog to look the way I want it to and Amy is helping me as much as possible.

My last shift at SAS was not the best. I get so tired of the internal struggles between us the crew members along with the normal stresses of the job. I was tired all day but we stayed steady. One of our patients was the sweetest little 3 month old Hispanic girl that had to go to Children's in Birmingham for definitive care. I felt so sorry for the family, we had such difficulty with communications. I can not imagine having a sick child and not understanding what the people trying to help are saying. I have got to learn Spanish soon. Other than that call, the rest were normal or BS calls. We slept most of the night and got off on time.

When I got home, I was amazingly relaxed and had a great conversation with Amy and we went to lunch and did a few errands around town. We decided to work on painting in the den area of the house to make it more comfortable and more to our taste. We are working on the house slowly as we have time and money to do it. Hunter is working on a scouting merit badge that has a requirement to do some household repairs such as paint a wall and hang curtains, so this fulfilled this requirement. We did a lot more of the requirements the other night up in the shop. We worked on prepping the wall and prime and painting till about midnight. Amy is going to work more on another coat of paint and rehanging the blinds today while I work at TCC. I will have to run new cables for the satellite dish and surround speakers on my next available day to move the entertainment area to the other wall were we want it. Then we can finish the other side of the room and move or computer/desk area into the den and out of the bedroom. I can wait to get that done so that I can leave the computer running and my weather station online.

As I stated, I am at work today at TCC. So far it has not been a bad shift, but it is a Saturday evening so I expect it to get busier. I will let you guys know later.

Amy did make a big decision this weekend that will help our family a lot financially. She is going to do some substitute teaching for some extra income. I feel it will be good for her to be more active on a daily basis but worry about her health a little also. I feel she can do it and she will feel better being active. She is also working hard on getting the schools wiki space up and going and then linking all the rest of the departments wiki's to it. It will be awesome. I will let you all know when it is up so you can check it out.

Keep a close eye on my Blog for constant changes and I look forward to any comment s you might have.

No comments: