Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NEW BLOG IDEA TO WORK WITH

Hello everyone,

I have not blogged very much since I started using Facebook everyday. But now that I am taking on the project of redoing what we are calling "the Turkey Cottage", I thought I would pick back up the blog so i can share with you my experiences of doing it and show you the progress made. It will be a long adventure with a lot of ups and downs, but I am looking forward to every minute of it.

For those that do not know, when grandmother passed away, we decided that we wanted to take on the preservation and restoration of the Thurman family house. With us and Hunter now living in the home, 5 generations have lived in the family home. We estimate it to be about 130+ years in age.

We started moving in several weeks ago, but have taken it slow as mom and us have been working through Grandmothers things and then us putting our stuff in place. Of course we moved our beds first along with some clothing and the most important thing - the TV.

The first room we have decided to work on is the den / media room. This is the main room the family relaxes in to watch TV and hang out. We moved in the TV, computer and stereo, but used the furniture in it till we could do some work on the floors. I finished pulling up the carpet and getting the wood floors clean and ready for furniture yesterday and hunter and I moved our couch and chairs up last night. Here is a link to some initial pictures of this project. As we continue to work on walls and decor, I will give you some more.
Turkey Cottage House


Well, for today, I leave you. I hope to get the weather center done this week as well as maybe a couple small project. I'll just have to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We" are not calling it Turkey Cottage, you are. Since you refuse to cave in to Turkey Hill...ala Martha. The Katrina Cottage plan was to be the Turkey Cottage. We'll have to negotiate a proper name since a farmhouse/homeplace does not qualify as a cottage technically.

Love,
Amy